The Growing Together Community Gardens established three community garden sites to:
- Provide a place for Marshfield area residents to garden
- Support local food production
- Provide garden education to youth, adults, and families
Community Garden Sites
The garden sites are situated throughout Marshfield and contain a total of 80 beds.
- Garden beds are 4’ x 8’.
- Square-foot gardening method is used at all sites.
- Water and some tools are provided at each site.
- Handicap accessible beds are available at Good Shepherd Church.
- No gardening experience necessary!
To reserve a garden bed (March through May) contact us at Healthy.Lifestyles@MarshfieldClinic.org or 715-221-8400. Gardeners are encouraged to make a $15 donation to help sustain the garden sites.
If your group or organization is interested in establishing a community garden in your area, we have developed a toolkit. Please contact us if you’d like to meet with our Community Garden committee and we can provide support to your group or organization.
2018 Community Gardens Spring Workdays Dates/Locations:
- May 5, 9AM-12PM: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and Church of Christ
- May 12, 9AM-12PM: First Presbyterian Church and Church of Christ
- May 15, 3PM-6PM: First Presbyterian Church and Good Shepherd Lutheran Church